Challenge 1 Award
- Challenge 1 Award (5)
Five (5) cash prizes at $5,000 each.
About the Challenge
Looking for MTConnect Challenge 2 please visit: http://mtconnect2.challenge.gov
The MTConnect Challenge seeks to engage and stimulate development of advanced manufacturing intelligence applications that utilize the MTConnect standard. MTConnect is an open, royalty-free set of communications standards intended to foster greater interoperability between manufacturing equipment, devices, and software applications. The MTConnect Challenge consists of two parts. Challenge 1, seeks ambitious yet achievable ideas that harness innovation and manufacturing intelligence breakthroughs. Challenge 2 is for software applications that address the objectives of the challenge. A wide variety of entrants is encouraged, including developers, manufacturing professionals, students, scientists, educators, and more. Team submissions are also encouraged.
MTConnect Challenge 1: open April 12-May 31, 2013
-- Winners will be announced June 21, 2013.
MTConnect Challenge 2: open July 1, 2013-January 31, 2014 ( http://mtconnect2.challenge.gov )
-- Challenge 2 finalists will be announced March 14, 2014, with winners named at the [MC]2 Conference, taking place in April 2014.
-- Participation in the MTConnect Challenge 1 is not a prerequisite for participation in the MTConnect Challenge 2.
The MTConnect Challenge is a U.S. Department of Defense - Defense-Wide Manufacturing Science and Technology (DMS&T) ManTech sponsored competition.
For details, please refer to the "Rules" tab.
Senior Mechanical Engineer / US Army ARDEC-Benet Labs
Chemical Engineer / US Army ARDEC-Benet Labs
Manufacturing Technology Project Manager / The Association For Manufacturing
VP / The Association For Manufacturing Technology
Program Manager / National Center for Defense Manufacturing and Machining
Director of Technology / FAC&T
- Benefit to Manufacturing Intelligence
Potential to create achievable and measurable benefit to manufacturing intelligence
- Creativity and Innovation
Advance a breakthrough concept and/or methodology
- Practicality of Concept
Viability, ability to be effectively implemented and deployed in a manufacturing setting
- Impact on Industry
Creation of manufacturing intelligence from differing manufacturing processes, facilities, and types of equipment and devices
- Overall Quality
Adherence to all requirements set forth by the MTConnect Challenge
How to Enter
To enter MTConnect Challenge 1:
1. Visit http://MTConnect.challenge.gov and click “Sign Up” to create a ChallengePost account, or click “Log In” and log in with an existing ChallengePost account.
2. Register your interest in participating by clicking “Accept this Challenge” on the Challenge website in order to receive important Challenge updates. Registration is free; no purchase necessary.
3. After you sign up on Challenge.gov, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided. Use the confirmation email to verify your email address. As a registered contestant, you will then be able to enter the Challenge by submitting an application that conforms to the requirements set forth herein.
4. Explore the MTConnect information and other resources available at www.MTConnect.org, under the Getting Started menu.
5. Submit your innovative idea. This idea must make use of the MTConnect standard.
Submissions will be accepted between 12am EST on April 12, 2013 and 11:59:59pm EST on May 31, 2013, visit http://mtconnect.challenge.gov/submissions/new and confirm that you have read and agree to the Official Rules, and submit your application by including the items listed in the requirements section.
To enter MTConnect Challenge 2: http://mtconnect2.challenge.gov